What does chest pain on the right mean?
In modern life, a person is so immersed in the daily bustle that he often does not have time for himself. If we have something whines or stabs, we usually do not pay attention to it until serious health problems appear. Some people even ignore pain in the heart region, although this may be a signal sent to us by the body. Chest pain on the right is the reason why you should see a doctor.
Causes of chest pain
It should be noted that right chest pain is a symptom, not a disease. But the reasons for this may be a lot:
- For example, such pains can signal cardiovascular diseases. Chest pain to the right may appear whenangina pectoriswhen the heart muscle lacks oxygen. At the same time, there may be other signs of this disease - heartburn, nausea, excessive sweating and weakness.
- Similar pains can occur with diseases likepericarditis. This is an inflammation in the heart envelope that can be caused by a viral disease or infection.
- Chest pain on the right side may be due to diseases related to the respiratory system.Thromboembolism of the lung artery- one of them. At the same time, the painful sensations can be both weak and strong, it all depends on the size of the thrombus and on the nature of injuries of the pulmonary artery.
- Pneumonia- a disease resulting from the action of pathogenic bacteria and viruses - can also provoke pain in the right-hand chest, which is accompanied by fever, chills and a choking cough.
- People whose activity is associated with everyday physical exertion, may note that an aching pain has appeared in the chest. This is due to the fact that when a person lifts weights, tension and stretching of the chest muscles occur. After some time, these discomfort should gradually disappear.
When should I call an ambulance?
In some cases, chest pain on the right side can be very dangerous and even cause a fatal outcome.Therefore, when these symptoms occur, a doctor should be called in immediately. These symptoms are: severe chest pain, which is accompanied by coughing up blood; burning pain in the chest, flowing on the back, jaw and neck. If after physical exertion an unbearable pain in the chest on the right appeared, then in this case you should also immediately call the medics.Well and, perhaps, the most serious symptom in which it is necessary to urgently seek medical help is chest pain and loss of consciousness following it.
How to prevent pain?
To strengthen your health, you should be more often in the fresh air, walk more on foot, do exercise every day. When playing sports load should be increased gradually, constantly monitor nutrition. For prophylaxis, you should also undergo a medical examination twice a year, and if you are plagued by any doubts, you should not wait for the next examination and immediately seek advice. Of course, this is not a complete list of diseases in which there is pain in the chest, in addition, there are cases when these unpleasant sensations do not carry danger, for example, for heartburn.In any case, if you have a pain of this nature, even if you are sure that it will soon disappear, you need to consult a doctor. Watch your health and listen to yourself.