Types of origami from paper
Origami - the art of making different figures frompaper. Origami has been known since ancient times and originates in China, where paper was invented. Later, interesting technology came to Japan, where it acquired a truly huge popularity.
History of origami
Initially, this kind of art was of a religious nature, and paper figures were used in sacred rituals. Origami education was available only to the upper classes and was considered a very important skill.
After the Second World War origami spread around the world and interested not only adults, but also children of different ages.
The original origami providesUse colorful paper of a square shape. Scissors and glue are not used in traditional techniques. However, in modern art, paper crafts sometimes depart from the canons.
Types of origami
Before you start creating crafts, it is worth familiarizing yourself with the types of techniques. There are following types of origami from paper:
- Modular origami. Is one of the most popular and labor-intensivea technician of folding pieces of paper. It is used to create a large, three-dimensional shape consisting of several blocks or so-called modules. First, several components of the same or different paper size are added, and then they are simply put into each other, turning into a finished composition. The frictional force does not allow the whole structure to disintegrate. A vivid example of modular origami is the three-dimensional sphere, which is often used in festive decor, and is certainly familiar to many.
- Simple origami- Types of origami, designed for beginners orfor people with disabilities. It was first developed by an English origami fan, John Smith. In this system, you can only use the folds of the mountain and the valley. And this, in turn, means the impossibility of using the majority of complex techniques from classical techniques. Therefore, new techniques are being developed that allow achieving the desired results without complicated manipulations.
- Folding on a sweep. This is one of the origami species, which is aDrawing, which already shows all the folds of the future model. Folding on a scan is considered more complicated than the standard origami views, but it gives not only the very idea of how to fold a figure, but also shows how this scheme was developed. Reaming is also used as a method of creating new origami diagrams.
- Wet folding. Types of techniques origami can not do without a method,developed by Akira Esidziyova, providing for the use of paper soaked with water. Wet folding is widely used to create figurines of representatives of flora and fauna. Soaked paper allows you to make the lines smoother and more expressive, and also give them a certain stiffness. For this type of creativity is suitable special paper, in the manufacture of which water-soluble glue is added.
- Kirigama. This is the only kind of origami that allows the use of scissors. It is used to create beautiful postcards with three-dimensional elements.
- Monegami. A kind of art that is ideal for people,who do not know where to put their money, or who, on the contrary, tries to attract financial success to their side. Figures of this style are executed from monetary denominations.
- Quilling. Suitable for creating full-fledged paintings. Paper is twisted in a special way to get the right shape. Then it is glued to the base. This technique is not at all complicated, but rather laborious.
What is the technique of Kusudama?
Types of modular origami are often confused with techniqueKusudama, which also implies the creation of a three-dimensional round shape from the modules. The difference is that with modular origami, the component parts of the ball are inserted into each other, and in Kusudam they are glued or sewed together.
How to choose paper for origami
Paper - the most important element in the study of origami. Types and techniques of origami are diverse and require paper of varying density and quality.
For modular origami, office paper of moderate density, not too smooth, colored on both sides, is perfect. The quality of the paper is determined by the fact that it does not whiten on the folds.
Multicolored stickers for recordings will work wellfor kusudama, or modular origami. Triangular modules are made from rectangular sheets, so if you cut a square sticker in half, you get a suitable base for the triangular module. There are rectangular stickers that do not require any modifications.
Sets for this art form
There is a special paper designedfor origami. It is sold already sliced, as a rule, on squares of various sizes. In the set, you can find several sheets of different colors (one side is white, the other is colored), or a paper with an ornament.
Similar sets are also produced for children. The difference is that modular origami requires a lot of paper of the same color, and in children's sets there is too much variety of color. But in children's sets you can find rare colors, for example, black and shades of brown.
Strangely enough, but the paper from the magazines alsois used in this creative process. Its quality characteristics are well suited for creating figures, and the inscriptions and pictures guarantee an interesting ornament.
Additional tools for creating figures from paper
To create modules, a ruler and a knife are useful.paper. To prepare the paper for work, you must first cut it into flat rectangles. Faster would be to do this by folding several sheets of paper in a stack, making the markup using a ruler and cutting with a knife. Scissors do this manipulation will not be very convenient.
Modular origami does not providethe use of glue, but if it is a child's toy or gift, it may be worth making the craft more durable. When designing the Kusudama "Super Bowl", threads will be needed, since individual modules are connected using a thread with a needle.
It is necessary to stock up in advance the elements of the "face": eyes, spouts, antennae, as well as ribbons and various bows.
Types of origami modules are very diverse:
- Flat - used for mosaics;
- volumetric, with the help of which kusudama and various figures are made.
How to make a triangular module
Triangular module is the basis of many crafts. To make it very easy, it is only necessary to adhere to the following tips:
- Take a rectangular sheet of paper and bend it in half along.
- Bend the sheet across to see the middle. Bend back. Put the sheet in such a way that the corner looks up.
- We bend the upper edges to the middle.
- Turn over to the other side.
- Lower the bend up.
- Small corners, protruding at the sides, bend through the main triangle.
- Spread the corners and the bottom.
- We return everything back and lift the lower part.
- Fold in half. A triangular module with two vertices and two pockets was obtained. In these pockets, you can insert other components.
Positive aspects of engaging in origami
Origami paper - an interesting and fascinatingoccupation. It is loved by both adults and children. It is especially useful to deal with origami for children from 3 to 15 years. This kind of art develops sleight of hand, spatial imagination and creative thinking.
Plus, after a short practice, you will be able to make gifts with your own hands. The joy of children from new toys is hard to overestimate.
So you will not regret when you master the origami.