How to treat thrush in women?
Thrush is a common disease and a very unpleasant problem. Vaginal candidiasis (the second name for thrush) is not a disease, at least in the initial stage, until it affects the internal organs. Thrush is an itchy and white cheesy discharge from the genitals. Alas, this problem affects not only women, but also men.
However, today, if the case is not running, you can get rid of thrush for a couple of days. In this article we look at the causes of this disease and learn how to treat thrush in women.
Causes of thrush
Thrush is a type of fungal infection, which is responsible for the fungus of the genus Candida. The presence of this fungus on the mucous membranes and the human body is quite natural. The question is, in what quantities in a particular place in the body is it located. When conditions are created in the body for enhanced reproduction of the fungus, thrush begins.
Causes affecting the appearance of thrush:
- Stress.Everyone knows that stress has a depressing effect on the human body;
- Postponed diseases, due to which immunity decreases, for example, serious viral diseases and long treatment with antibiotics;
- Improper nutrition. The lack of a varied diet brings with it a lack of vitamins, microelements that do not allow the body to work at full strength and make good use of its defenses;
- Violation of the hormonal background can also cause increased reproduction of the fungus;
- Neglect of hygiene. Not in vain, from the very childhood, we are told that we need to keep our body clean.
Treatment for thrush
It is not difficult to cure thrush in women; a multilateral approach is important here. It is important to identify the cause of stress for the body. The gynecologist should take a smear, and if the suspicion is confirmed, refer to urine and blood sugar tests, as thrush can also be a symptom of diabetes. After that, based on the tests, the doctor selects antifungal drugs.
The most common causes are a general decrease in the protective function of the body, so for effective treatment of thrush it is also very important to follow the general rules:
- If possible, cancel antibiotics;
- Stimulate immunity;
- Normalize the metabolism;
- Restore the normal microflora and acidity of the vagina;
- Correct intestinal dysbiosis.
If it is not possible to quickly see a doctor, following the rules above, you can also use quick-acting drugs:
- Fluconazole tablets;
- Candles - "Zalain", "Clotrimazole", "Polygynax".
Keep in mind that with the wrong selection of candles, you can get burns of the mucous. Therefore, it is better to choose a method of treatment with pills. Better yet, consult a doctor.