How do you spell "not correct"?
The word "wrong" is a quality adjective. With such adjectives, “not” can be written both together and separately, depending on the context. So how do you spell "not correct"?
“Not correct” is written together when there is no opposition to the union, and when this opposition is not implied.
- You gave me the wrong phone number.
- This is some kind of wrong example.
- You entered the wrong password.
“Not correct” is written separately when there is an opposition with the union, or this opposition is implied.
- You did not correct, but an erroneous conclusion.
- The student wrote in the notebook is not correct, but the wrong answer.