How to make a locker?
Watch the video
For some reason people have recently become afraid to do things with their own hands. Most prefer to go to the store and buy at exorbitant prices that you can do at home yourself, with your own hands. In this article we will talk about how to make a locker with your own hands. The manufacturing process will take you quite a bit of time, but at the same time you can save a lot.
Wall cabinets are very convenient because they can be used everywhere: in the kitchen, on the balcony, in the bathroom, in the hallway, etc.
Materials and tools
First of all, you will need to decide on the material of manufacture. Wall cabinets are usually made from the following materials:
- particle boards (chipboard);
- laminated chipboard (chipboard);
- wooden beam.
In addition, prepare the necessary work tools:
- a hammer;
- screws, nails, screws, glue, shkant (who than is going to fasten parts);
- door handles;
Now let's proceed directly to the description of how to make a locker:
- Prepare all the necessary details of the locker: the walls of the box itself, the doors and shelves. The doors can be bought ready-made, but you can make it yourself. To do this, measure and cut the plywood or timber of the required size, attach the handles on the outside and the hinges on the inside.
- Process the edges of the parts so that the product looks neat in the final result.
- Mark and drill holes for shelving. Watch out for the drill to enter at exactly the right angle.
- Assemble the cabinet frame. To do this, drill holes in the side panels for mounting the shelves, the upper and lower panels of the case. Screw the shelf with screws on one side, then turn it overon the side, attach the top and bottom panels, and then attach the second side panel. At the very end, flip the entire structure face down and attach the back panel.
- If you plan to produce any interior finish of the cabinet (dyeing or varnishing), then it is better to do it before you proceed to the assembly.
- Screw the doors and make sure that the final product looks neat and there is no warp anywhere. Then unscrew the doors again to make the construction easier to hang on the wall.
- Using the level, determine the place where the wall cabinet will be attached to the wall.
- Fasten the cabinet with 4 screws, which are screwed into the previously made holes in the wall through the back wall of the cabinet. Only after the cabinet is firmly fixed in its place and you are using the level to make sure that it weighs exactly, you can hang the doors in place.