How to flash TP-Link?
Watch the video
To avoid problems when using a router, its stable operation is necessary. To achieve this result, a device update is required. The firmware of the router is aimed at correcting existing errors and opening access to new features. In the article we will look at how to flash a router using the example of the manufacturer TP-Link.
How to self-flash router
Before you begin the process of updating the firmware, you should be familiar with the following recommendations:
- The firmware of the router should be carried out only through the connection of the device and the computer via a network cable (Wi-Fi connection will not work);
- Download the program only for your router model;
- During the firmware, it is necessary to disconnect the provider cable (WAN port);
- Upon completion of the firmware, all settings will be reset. In order not to configure the device, first make a copy of the settings.
Search and download updates
- Turn the device over and find the hardware version of your router on the label.
- Go to the website and in the search bar type in the device model of interest.
- After the results are displayed, select the desired model.
- Then go to the "Downloads" section.
- Next you need to choose the software of your version: click on the desired item.
- Then click on the link and click "Save." You need to select a file that has a later date of publication on the site.
- Extract the firmware file from the archive.
- Go to the "Settings" of the router. Make sure that the computer and the router are connected to each other with a network cable.
- Then enter 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 in the address bar of the browser.
- Next, enter your username and password - admin / admin.
- Click the "Submit" button.
- Then go to the "System Tools" tab and go to the "Firmware Upgrade" section.
- Click on the "Browse" button and select the firmware file that was previously installed from the manufacturer's website.
- Click the "Open" button.
- Next, click on the "Upgrade" button and click "OK".
- You must wait until the end of the firmware update procedure and the device reboot.