How to flash htc?
Almost every user of HTC phones on the Android platform is faced with the need to flash their own gadget. This allows you to save the phone from many problems and hangs, improve performance and change the interface.
However, this is quite difficult to do. In our article we will tell you how to flash htc android yourself.
Initially, the phone must be prepared for the firmware. To do this, follow these steps:
- Get ROOT-rights. For this you need to download and install the program.
- Download program .
- Turn off Desire and run it in the HBOOT menu mode. To do this, simultaneously press the Volume Down and Power keys.
- Connect the phone to the computer via a USB cable (you need to wait until the next text message appears - HBOOT USB PLUG).
- Open the "Device Manager".
If you did everything correctly, you will see an unidentified Android device there. Click on it with the right mouse button and select “Driver Update”.
To exit the HBOOT menu, you need to turn off the phone, and then start it in standard mode.
- Download the desired firmware. It is recommended to download the necessary files from the official site.
- Save all the important information on your gadget. Please note that you can use the Titanium Backup utility to back up files and programs.
- Charge the phone (at least 60%).
- Clear all user information. To do this, through the phone interface, go to “Settings”, and then select “Privacy” and “Data Reset”. This is required in order to avoid a mismatch between the firmware modules.
- In recovery, select "install zip from sd-card".
- Find the downloaded zip-firmware.
- Run the program. If everything is fine, the installation will begin, and you will see the corresponding labels. When the firmware is finished, you will see the inscription "Installation completed".
- Restart your phone and wait for the start of the download.
As practice shows, it is possible to flash HTC in fifteen or thirty minutes. The first launch after this operation can be long. Do not worry about this. If you do it right, you will get the current version of Android.
If you plan to flash your device yourself, without resorting to the help of specialists, then do not forget thatthat there is always the likelihood of certain problems:
- Loss of official warranty. To date, any change in software phone entails a loss of warranty.
- Inability to turn on the device. This can happen for a variety of reasons. Perhaps something was installed incorrectly or the user made a mistake. However, do not worry. As practice shows, the phone can almost always be reanimated without contacting the service center.
In order for the firmware to be successful, perform all the steps described above carefully and carefully. In addition, you can always find a training video, where the procedure for flashing HTC is shown step by step.