How to disable the integrated video card?
Often you may need to disable the integrated video card on a laptop or computer. This can be done using several proven methods. How to disable the integrated video card with their help, described below.
Disable video card through the controller
It is best to use this option because it does not take much time and is very simple. It is necessary to act as follows:
- First open the “Device Manager” window on your PC or laptop. To do this, you will need to find an icon on the desktop called My Computer. It is required to click on it twice with the left mouse button. Then the context menu will appear. In it, click on the line "Management". Then in the window select "Device Manager".
- You will see a list of components that are installed on your PC. It is required to find the item "Video adapters". Click on it to open the context menu. In it, opposite the “Integrated video card” line, click on the “Disable” option.
- A message appears on the screen, where Windows will ask for confirmation of the selected action. You need to click on "OK". After that, restart the PC so that the changes made to the operation of the computer or laptop go into effect.
Disable video card via BIOS
In some cases, the first option may not bring the desired result and then you need to disable the built-in video card in the BIOS. It is necessary to do this with utmost care so as not to bring down the basic settings of the operating system:
- Run the BIOS. To do this, you must first turn off the PC, and then restart it, while loading data, press the F2 or Del key.
- Various parameters will appear on the screen. You need to find a string that contains the following value: Intergation Video. In front of it, specify the value Disable. Then restart the computer again. After that, the integrated video card will not function exactly.
Please note that this scheme is relevant only for a stationary computer. To turn off the video card on a laptop through BIOS, you need to act differently.
Disable video card via BIOS on a laptop
To disable the integrated graphics card on a laptop through the BIOS, you will need to act as follows:
- Go to the BIOS. Turn on the laptop, and then press the Pause or F8 key. Then you will see a tab called Advanced. It is required among the presented items to select this: System Agent Configuration, and then go to the tab: Graphics Configuration.
- A window will appear in front of you. In it, click on the option Primary Display. It is necessary to set the value to Auto or PCIE, and then click "OK". Then press the F10 key.
- Now reboot your laptop. Then you can connect an external video card to it using cables supplied with it.
By following these instructions, you can turn off the integrated video card yourself. However, remember that they must be followed strictly, this will avoid OS malfunctions. If you are not sure that you can turn off the video card with your own hands, then it is better to contact a specialist. This will avoid problems in the functioning of your PC.