How to cook frozen cabbage rolls?
Cabbage rolls are a favorite dish for many. Few people know that self-cooked cabbage can be subjected to freezing, without affecting the taste and nutritional value. It is easy to freeze stuffed cabbage, the main thing is to do it in the final stage of preparation, and then get out and cook. Let us consider in more detail how to cook frozen cabbage rolls.
In just an hour, your frozen cabbage rolls will turn into a great dish that can even be served on a festive table.
- frozen cabbage rolls;
- frying oil.
For the sauce
- tomato paste;
- In a deep frying pan, heat the vegetable oil. Put the cabbage rolls, without defrosting, and fry them before defrosting. Try not to get a crisp - in our situation, the cabbage rolls need to be defrosted, not cooked.
- Peel the onions and carrots. Finely chop the onion and send it to the pan with the heated vegetable oil, fry until golden.
- Grate carrots on a large grater and add to the onion, sauté for 5 minutes.
- Pour onion and carrot with tomato paste, add salt, pepper and simmer for about 6 minutes.
- Prepare the pots: put the cabbage rolls in them, pour the sauce on top.
- Put in a cold oven, immediately turning it on (up to 180 degrees) for 40-50 minutes.
There is another way of cooking - cook frozen cabbage rolls. If you are cooking in a saucepan, then place the cabbage rolls in it, cover with sauce, cover with a lid and put on the fire for about 40-60 minutes.