How to connect Nvidia?
If you are assembling a computer or just decided to upgrade your hardware, you may need information on how to connect a video card. By itself, this process, as we will soon see, is not difficult, but there are a few points that should be noted. We will begin with them.
Preparing to install
Before installing a video card, make sure that it matches your hardware configuration:
- Primary attention should be paid to the connector for a video card (agp or pci-express) and bus bandwidth. In the specification for the motherboard there is a list of suitable video cards. The same information can be obtained on the manufacturer's website.
- The power supply should be sufficient for the video card to work.
- If you put the video card in place of the old one, we first remove its driver and, when the computer is turned off and disconnected from the network, we remove it. To do this, you may need the article How to remove NVIDIA drivers.
Installing a video card
Now consider how to connect Nvidia.So, the video card is available, it remains only to connect it to the motherboard.
- Open the package and carefully study the installation instructions.
- We take a video card and insert it into a special slot on the motherboard. Usually, he or they, if the mother card provides for the connection of several video cards, have a slightly different appearance and a characteristic checkbox fixing the installed video card. When the mother card fits into place, a slight click will be heard, which means that the checkbox is closed.
- Some video cards require additional power, in this case, you need to additionally connect the connector from the power blog to a special port on the video card or connect a special video card connector, this depends on the video card model. When connecting should be very careful.
- Now we turn on the computer and install the drivers on our new video card.