How to connect a TV to Rostelecom?
Watch the video
You will need to use the set-top box from Rostelecom in case you want to connect digital TV. It differs from the usual in that the signal on the TV screen comes in digital form and the Internet is used as the “supplier” of this signal.
TV set-top box Rostelecom: how to connect to the TV?
It is worth noting that the connection of IP-TV is usually carried out by a master, but any adult can do it on their own. Here is what you need to do:
- First of all, open the instruction manual for the necessary devices (Internet router, IP-set-top box, TV). In these documents, you will gather the necessary data on the inputs and outputs on the devices that will be needed to achieve our goal;
- One of the network jacks of the router should be allocated to the cable that connects the IP-console with the router.Take any LAN cable and connect it to the back panel of the router (to the network socket);
- This cable must be connected to an IP device and connected to the appropriate input;
- Next you need to connect the TV to the console. Relevant recommendations are read in the instructions, as the connection options may differ from models of different manufacturers. As a rule, the cable from the console is inserted into a special input on the TV (for example, HDMI);
- After all the wires are connected, you need to make sure that the Internet is available and that all devices are turned on. On the TV you need to install new equipment. This should be detailed in the instructions. As a rule, in the "Menu" section you find a new device that is identified by the TV as an IP set-top box.