How to connect the router?
Watch the video
We are surrounded by a mass of “smart” devices, and, on the one hand, it makes life much easier, but on the other hand, it can still create some problems, because, as is well known, everyone wants to use new-fangled inventions, but not everyone can customize them. In this article we will tell how to connect the router correctly.
As a rule, all routers are included as follows:
- the power cable is connected to the power connector and is inserted into a 220V network;
- Internet cable, brought into the apartment by the provider, is inserted into the connector, which can be called WAN or INTERNET (besides, this connector, as a rule, differs in color from other connectors);
- The Ethernet cable connects the LAN port of the router (usually there are several of them and they are highlighted in one color group, you can connect with any) and the corresponding port on the PC.
- Go to the browser, enter in the address bar address 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.
- In the window that appears, we enter the login and password, as a rule, the pair admin / admin or admin / 12345 is suitable.
- Go to the section with the name of the type "Internet Setup" or "WAN", specify "Dynamic" in the type of settings - "WAN Type".
- All! Internet should appear.
Since we are dealing with a router, we, of course, would like it to still distribute the Internet not through a cable, but over the “air”, and therefore it is necessary to configure Wi-Fi:
- In the settings of the router, we are looking for a section with the name of the type "Wireless Setup", then set the "Wireless Network Name" - any desired name.
- Now we find the security settings - "Wireless security", set the security type to "WPA / WPA2" and specify the password in the "Network Key" or "Password" field.
All! It remains to save the settings and restart the router. As you can see, it is pretty easy to connect the router correctly.