How on "iPhone" reset all settings without a password?
Many people use smartphones called"IPhone". This Apple product has won the hearts of subscribers. Multifunctional smartphone pleases with its work and capabilities. Sometimes you have to think about how to reset all the settings on the iPhone. What is required for this? What features of the process should every user know? It will not be difficult to understand the tasks set. It is enough to follow some instructions. All of them are extremely simple and understandable. Even a beginner can cope with them.
In fact, everything is easier than it seems. The thing is that resetting the settings should be done according to certain algorithms. But before carrying out the process it is recommended to make a backup copy of the data. This will help in the event of need to return user information, as well as all previously set up settings.
You can create a copy using iTunesor iCloud. In the first case, you have to use a computer, which is not entirely convenient. In the second, it is suggested to go to "Settings" - "iCloud" and select "Backup" there.
What's next? How do I reset the iPhone settings before selling? And how can you get rid of previously recorded data? To implement the idea in life is proposed by several methods.
About removal methods
Which ones? The possibilities of modern gadgets do not cease to surprise. Therefore, most functions can not be activated by more than one method. How on "iPhone" reset all the settings?
To date, the following ways of solving the problem are proposed:
- work with the gadget (it's important to remember the password from the iPhone);
- Using iTunes
- implementation of Hard Reset.
But if you want to get rid of the establishedcontent, you will have to act a little differently. By the way, some settings must be manually deleted. For example, data in browsers. Every iPhone owner should remember this. Especially if the smartphone is planned to be sold.
Deleting with password
Initially, it is important to understand which methodmost users enjoy. How on "iPhone" reset all the settings? The first and most common advice is to use standard gadget features. In order to use it, a person must remember or know the password from the iPhone. Or you will have to choose some other method of resetting the settings.
The instruction for implementing the process is as follows:
- Enable iPhone. Be sure to wait for the full load of the mobile device. If the phone does not turn on, you can forget about resetting the settings with this method.
- Go to the "Settings" - "Basic".
- Click on "Reset".
- Select "Reset settings and content" in the menu that appears. You can click on "Reset all settings". Then the stored data will remain untouched.
- Click again on "Reset all settings". To confirm the operation, you must enter the password to access the mobile device.
It is now clear how you can reset the settings to"IPhone 4" or any other. But, as already mentioned, this method is relevant only in the case when a person has a password to the device. If it does not exist, it is suggested to act differently.
For example, use specializedan application for a mobile device called iTunes. This program greatly facilitates the work with the smartphone from Apple. The main thing is to know how to act in this or that case.
How do I reset the "iPhone" settings if I forgot my password? To do this, you need:
- Download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer. It is important to ensure that it is compatible with your smartphone.
- Enable the iPhone and launch the appropriate application on the PC.
- Using a special wire, connect the gadget to the computer. Wait for a while - the device will be defined in iTunes.
- Click on the program in the "General".
- Select the "Restore iPhone" function.
- Confirm with Apple ID.
Now it remains only to wait. After about 15-20 minutes, you can use an absolutely clean device. From now on it is clear how it is possible to reset the "iPhone" settings to the factory settings without a password.
About Hard Reset
Any modern smartphone has the opportunityforce reboot and reset parameters to factory settings. Usually this process is called Hard Reset. Some believe that this is the ideal option for resetting the iPhone.
Unfortunately, it is not. The thing is that the "Hard Reset" of similar gadgets is just a way of rebooting the phone. And nothing more. The method does not allow quickly and without problems to reset the settings. However, it is important to know how to make the device work again if necessary. For example, if there is a hangup during the use of one of the above methods of resetting the parameters.
Hard Reset on the "iPhone" is carried out in the following way:
- Simultaneously press and hold the "Home" and "Hibernate" button.
- Release the specified combination after the Apple logo appears.
- Wait for the device to reboot.
As a rule, this option helpsrestart the phone, but it does not reset the settings. Other smartphones with the help of Hard Reset offered to "roll back" the operating system. Each user should be aware of this feature. Accordingly, the "Hard Reset" will not help answer the question of how on the "iPhone" reset all the settings.
The following tip applies only to browsers. Most often, the corresponding program means Safari. The thing is that before selling the phone it is recommended to get rid of the data and settings in the browser.
You can do this using the standard features of your mobile device. How can I reset the settings on the "iPhone" without a password regarding the browser?
To do this, follow the instructions:
- Turn on and wait until the iPhone / iPad is fully loaded.
- Go to the "Settings" - "Safari".
- Choose the necessary functions there. For example, "Clear history" or "Add-ons" - "Site data" - "Delete all".
- Wait until the operation is completed.
In fact, everything is not as difficult as it seems. Similarly, it is recommended to work with any browser on your smartphone. Only when Safari data is reset, the basic settings remain intact.
Results and conclusions
What results can be summed up based on the information previously studied? If the user thinks about how to reset all the settings on the "iPhone", he needs:
- know the password from the iPhone;
- have access to iTunes;
- forget about the process called Hard Reset;
- make a backup copy of the data just in case.
In reality, everything is simpler than it seems. For a complete cleaning of the smartphone, it is recommended to study all possible data dumps. They are located in the "Settings" - "Basic" - "Reset". It is proposed to make a complete cleaning of the phone. For example, reset the settings to "Home".