How not to have mayonnaise?
Some people do not think their dinner or dinner withoutmayonnaise. Their hobby for this sauce sometimes reaches the point of absurdity - not only can they dumplings with mayonnaise, but sometimes they even manage to fill them with borsch or okroshka, which contradicts all the rules of culinary science. Preservatives, emulsifiers, thickeners, dyes, stabilizers - this is far from a complete list of those substances that modern producers in large quantities add to mayonnaise. Therefore, if you care about your health and watch your weight, it's better to stop using mayonnaise.
The recipe for cooking homemade mayonnaise
If you are so fond of mayonnaise that you havejust do not have the strength to completely abandon it, try to cook it yourself. Home-made mayonnaise is also very calorie, but it is prepared from fresh natural products, so this mayonnaise is less harmful to health than the store.
- Gently break two fresh chicken eggs and carefully separate the yolks.
- Put them in a bowl, add there half a teaspoon of sugar, salt and prepared mustard and mix this mixture with a mixer. Do this at a low speed, using a cap in the form of a corolla.
- When the mixture becomes homogeneous, it must bestart slowly, literally drop by drop, pour in vegetable oil, while not stopping the whipping process. Just two yolks, you need 130 ml of refined vegetable oil. To improve the taste, part of it can be replaced by extra virgin olive oil.
- When the egg-oil emulsion thickens, you need to add a couple of teaspoons of lemon juice into it and once more stir the sauce.
- Now homemade mayonnaise is completely ready. It should only be put in a jar and immediately put in the refrigerator. Such mayonnaise, unlike its shop-brother, is a perishable product, and it can only be stored for a few days in a refrigerator.
How not to eat mayonnaise and how to replace it
- Mayonnaise can be successfully replaced with sour cream andsauces, cooked on its basis. If the taste of pure sour cream seems too fresh to you, add a little mustard to it, lightly salt and mix well. Such sour cream instead of mayonnaise you can fill almost any salad, their taste from this will only benefit.
- Another excellent substitute for store mayonnaise is natural yogurt, mixed with soft curd in a proportion of 3 to 1 and dressed with chopped herbs and crushed garlic.
- Based on sour cream, you can prepare anotherhot sauce in the spirit of Caucasian cuisine. To make it, you need to grind a quarter teaspoon of finished Adzhika and a few pinch of hop-suneli seasoning with three tablespoons of sour cream. Then this mass should be mixed with two glasses of sour cream, add a bunch of chopped cilantro and add salt as you like.
The recipe for "Tsatsiki" sauce
To meat or fried fish it is possible to prepare a traditional Greek sauce "Tsatsiki", which will replace to you traditional mayonnaise.
- To make this sauce you need a glass of thick yogurt or low-fat sour cream, a couple of medium-sized cucumbers, two cloves of garlic, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, greens, pepper and salt.
- Cucumbers must be peeled, then grate them on a fine grater and squeeze juice out of them.
- Next, the cucumber puree should be mixed with butter and yogurt, squeeze the same garlic, add finely chopped greens, pepper and salt.