Frigate "Admiral Kasatonov": on the design and capabilities of the vessel
Each state that has access to the sea should have a combat-ready fleet: a sufficient number of frigates, aircraft carriers and submarines to protect their shores. Today, shipbuilding industry engineers have paid special attention to the creation of such a category of ships, which among the specialists are called “watchdogs”.
In Russia, the enterprise “Northern Shipyard” is building three frigates of the project 22350: “Admiral Kasatonov”, “Admiral Golovko” and “Admiral Gorshkov”. While these ships are not yet ready, but, according to experts, in the near future they will join the ranks of the Russian fleet. Information about the design and capabilities of the frigate "Admiral Kasatonov" is presented in the article.
About the "patrol"
The frigates of Project 22350 are ships, which are characterized by long-span construction and the presence of a solid superstructure. The engineers of the Northern Design Bureau decided to minimize the physical fields of the ships.The original architecture of the stealth add-ons made it possible to reduce the dispersion surface, due to which the radar and optical detection of the patrol vessel was minimized.
Start of construction work
The laying of the fleet frigate "Admiral Kasatonov" was made in November 2009. The place where the design work is being done has become the Severnaya Verf enterprise in St. Petersburg. The ceremony was attended by the command of the Russian Navy, the city administration and the leadership of shipbuilding enterprises and design offices. They decided to name the vessel in honor of the Hero of the Soviet Union, Admiral Vladimir Afatasyevich Kasatonov.
What was planned?
Initially it was assumed that the frigate "Admiral Kasatonov" will be ready by 2011. Marine trials were scheduled for 2012. The place of service of the vessel should be the Black Sea Fleet in the city of Sevastopol.
About the test of the ship
According to experts, the initial test of the maneuverability and strength of the ship takes a lot of time. Therefore, the frigate of project 22350 “Admiral of the Kasatonov fleet” was launched only in December 2014. Testing of the vessel will be conducted in two stages.The place to test its navigable properties will be the Baltic Fleet, namely, combat training grounds.
The second stage is planned in the Barents Sea already in the Northern Fleet. Traditionally, the initial tests of ships pass without the use of military installations and radar. After checking the engine room and maneuverability the vessel will be equipped with a full ammunition. In November 2015, the frigate 22350 "Admiral Kasatonov" successfully passed mooring tests.
According to experts, by January 2016, after performing all the insulation and painting works, installing the electromechanical equipment, the vessel was technically ready for 81%. After the secondary inspection, already with general ship systems, the frigate “Admiral Kasatonov” is planned to be equipped with a main strike complex.
About completion works
In June 2017, the diesel generators of the frigate Admiral Kasaton were tested. In November, the propulsion engines of the power plant were successfully tested. According to the developers, at this stage they started to equip residential premises. The ship is designed for 200 people. The personnel training center will be the joint training center of the Russian Navy in St. Petersburg.Check in crew is scheduled for the end of November. The ship will be transferred to the Russian Northern Fleet in 2018.
The frigate is equipped:
- Anti-aircraft missile and artillery complex (SCAR) "Palash". The anti-aircraft armament of the ship consists of two complexes.
- As an artillery for the frigate, one A-192 130-caliber installation is provided.
- Detection of enemy targets will be carried out using radar weapons. It is represented by the Fourke-3 system, the place for the installation of which was the top of the mast. In addition, the ship is equipped with a block of AFAR "Polyment". The angle of his review is 360 degrees. This block is placed in the mast construction.
- The frigate is equipped with radar armament, which is presented by the Monument-M RLC.
- The vessel is equipped with a universal ship shooting complex (UCSC), designed for 16 cells. In the ammunition of this complex can be used anti-ship missiles ZM 55 "Onyx", ZM 54, SLCM ZM14, PLUR 91RT2. UCSC can be equipped with either 16 missiles of the same type, or their combination in any proportion.
- The function of anti-submarine weapons is carried out by the Packet-NK torpedoes. Their number is 12 units.
- For the "patrol" is one helicopter KA-27.
About the characteristics of the frigate
- The ship is made according to the project 22350.
- The vessel belongs to the class of frigates.
- Manufacturing country: Russia.
- Manufacturer: Shipyard "Severnaya Verf".
- The total length of the ship is 135 m.
- Width: 16 m.
- The rainfall is not more than 4.5 m.
- The vessel has a displacement of 5400 tons.
- For the patrol ship, a local booking of superstructures and cellars with ammunition is provided.
- “Admiral Kasatonov” is equipped with two five-bladed screws, which are designed for a fixed pitch. These screws perform the function of propulsion.
- The vessel has a speed of 30 nautical knots.
- Sailing distance is not more than 4 thousand miles.
- The frigate can function offline for 30 days.
The frigate is equipped with a diesel gas turbine unit M-55R, manufactured at CJSC Turborus. In the unit are used:
- Two afterburner gas-turbine engines M90FR. They are made in NPO Saturn. Their capacity is 55 thousand liters. from.
- Two sustainer diesel engines 10D49. They are produced at the Kolomna plant. They have a capacity of 7650 KW (10,400 hp.).
The total power of the frigate is 65,400 l. from.
According to experts, the frigate “Admiral Kasatonov” is a fundamentally new ship. It will be adapted to perform both guard and combat missions in the oceans.