Elevated hemoglobin in women: causes, diagnosis, treatment
Every person in his entire life has to undergo a variety of tests more than once. Most often, doctors prescribe a blood test. This diagnosis allows you to identify some abnormalities and pathological processes occurring in the patient's body. This article will tell you about why there is increased hemoglobin in women. You will learn the main causes of this phenomenon. It is also worth talking about how hemoglobin is diagnosed in women, what to do in this case and how to prevent this condition.
Complete blood count and hemoglobin
This study has become familiar and elementary for many patients. It is prescribed before surgery, during illness, during pregnancy, as well as for routine diagnosis. It is this analysis that allows to detect the level of hemoglobin in human blood.
Hemoglobin is a kind of protein.It promotes the transfer of oxygen from the blood to human tissues. This substance is present in the body of each patient. However, its level may vary depending on some conditions.
Increased hemoglobin in women
Surely everyone knows about such a condition as anemia. Often, future mothers and people who lead an unhealthy lifestyle face it. This condition is characterized by a decrease in hemoglobin level. Doctors are trying to immediately carry out the correction and fill the iron deficiency in the patient.
Not everyone knows that a high concentration of this substance in the blood may also indicate some violations or be a sign of pathology. What does hemoglobin in women say and how to fight it? You will find the answer to these questions below.
Causes of high hemoglobin in the weaker sex
Elevated hemoglobin in women may be normal or be a sign of pathology. Possible reasons:
- Cardiac pathology.Elevated hemoglobin in women is in case of violation of blood circulation. In some diseases of the heart, this becomes the first alarming symptom.When the level of oxygen in the erythrocytes decreases due to slow movement, hemoglobin begins to rise. In this way, the body compensates for its condition.
- Pulmonary disease.If the representative of the weaker sex has a disturbance in the work of this organ, then the red blood cells simply do not receive the volume of oxygen they need. In this case, the body increases the level of hemoglobin. It should be said that the same pattern occurs in smokers. The use of tobacco often causes hemoglobin to increase.
- Tumors of various origins.With the appearance of malignant or benign formations in the body of a woman, the level of erythropoietin increases. As a consequence, there is increased production of hemoglobin.
- Disease or damage.Often, with fever or burns, dehydration occurs. As a result, hemoglobin levels increase. However, the opposite can also be observed when the production of a substance is reduced to a minimum.
- Strong physical exertion.Often elevated hemoglobin in the blood of women who play sports professionally.The situation is aggravated by the use of anabolic steroids.
- Postpartum period.During pregnancy, the level of hemoglobin in women is somewhat reduced. This is due to a strong increase in blood volume. Immediately after the birth of the baby, an inverse reorganization of the organism occurs. That is why an increase in hemoglobin in this period becomes the norm.
Do I need treatment?
If hemoglobin in the blood of women is elevated, does she need medical attention? Before answering this question, it is necessary to understand the reasons for this state. It will help to make additional diagnostics and analyzes. Only a doctor can correctly assume the pathology and refer a woman to research.
If some deviations are detected, they are corrected. Most often, doctors prescribe sedatives to women and recommend a healthy lifestyle. Representatives of the weaker sex with elevated levels of hemoglobin should give up bad habits, exclude from their diet foods that contribute to blood formation. It is also necessary to periodically monitor the level of the substance in the blood.
You now know a lot about increased hemoglobin in the blood of women. Remember that this state may affect your well-being. That is why you should pay attention to health. Suspected hemoglobin can be due to excessive fatigue, poor sleep, unhealthy shade of the face. Also, an increase in the level of this substance leads to the formation of blood clots and vascular diseases. Control your hemoglobin and stay healthy!