Electrotechnical box, its device and installation
When laying electric communication networks withThe branched structure is used by a lot of cables and wires, which must be protected from various external influences (moisture, dust, etc.). For this purpose, a special device is used - the electrotechnical box. Consider the design and installation of this device.
Device of the box
The electrotechnical box is aa profile that is attached to the base (a special cable device, wall, door or other surface). Inside there is a channel (chute) in which the cable or wire is laid. The housing cover can snap into the grooves located on the side, or be secured with a special device.
This device may be manufactured with one or moreseveral channels, while the standards established by the international standard IP (IP40, IP65 and others) are observed. These regulations determine the degree of protection of wires from the effects of moisture and dust.
The device is made of variousmaterials - stainless steel, reinforced polyester, aluminum, polycarbonate, thermoplastic and others. These types of raw materials are able to withstand a wide range of temperature changes (-25 ° C to + 60 ° C).
Types of devices
For the installation of a network of electric wires, various modifications of protective shells are used:
- Electrotechnical box straight;
- Horizontal profile used for cable turns;
- Tee used for branching wires;
- Vertical box;
- Section (transitional and connecting);
- Cross devices and others.
The electrotechnical box is used for stylingvarious types of cables: power (electrical wires up to 1000 V) and low-current (telephone, computer, Internet connections and so on). At the same time, compact and aesthetic design of the system nodes is carried out.
Boxes can be installed both insidepremises, and outside. Protective casings for the signal system wiring and access control to the room can also be mounted on a door structure or partitions. Sockets and switches can be installed in the housing of the device.
Assembly and installation are quite simple. At the same time, it can be noted that the electrotechnical steel box in the joint of the housing parts provides a continuous grounding circuit. The device must be installed in the following order:
- Assembling the housing parts (depending on the model).
- Fastening the profile to the base.
- Laying of cables and wires in the case.
- Securing the cover.
Also, during installation, the following information may be useful:
- Control cables for consoles, machines, various equipment can be laid in the case of the box closely, while it is possible to make the laying with beams at intervals of 2 cm;
- The cross-sectional area of all wires in the sum should not be more than 40% of the analogous characteristic of the case;
- Fastening cables in vertical sections is mandatory;
- Execution inside the body of the branch can be carried out with the help of special devices (clamps) with insulating shells.
Electrotechnical boxes for laying wiresare used everywhere. They provide protection for expensive elements of systems, while the devices themselves have a fairly low price, they are easy to install, which saves money on the installation and performs the work qualitatively.