Diagnosis of diseases of the digestive tract - duodenal intubation
Duodenal intubation is a widely used diagnostic method for chronic diseases of the biliary system and the liver. Its essence lies in the fact that a special probe is injected into the patient's cavity through the mouth into the cavity of the duodenum. Next, with its help, bile is pumped out and collected in pre-prepared tubes, which are labeled in strict sequence. This study requires a person to comply with a number of conditions: it is performed strictly on an empty stomach and in specialized cabinets.
What are the symptoms and conditions of duodenal sounding?
- stagnation of bile;
- discomfort and pain of a different nature in the right hypochondrium;
- persistent nausea;
- bitterness in the mouth;
- regularly repeated bloating;
- regular violation of the chair, constipation;
- rashes on the surface of the body, allergies.
In which diseases is duodenal sounding recommended?
- chronic cholecystitis;
- dyskinesia (pathological disruption of the biliary tract);
- dysbacteriosis in the small and large intestines;
- chronic constipation;
- diseases of the parasitic nature (opisthorchosis, giardiasis).
What is the significance of duodenal sounding in the diagnosis?
This method of research allows, although indirectly, but still to determine all the important features of the gallbladder and bile secretion. The first three portions of bile are necessarily subjected not only to microscopic, but, if necessary, microbiological (bacteriological) research. Proceeding from this, in one examination of the patient he can determine:
- violation of the contractile activity of the biliary tract and the gallbladder itself;
- composition and homogeneity of bile; it is possible to establish the risk of stone formation;
- signs of inflammatory processes in the gallbladder;
- the presence of pathogenic microflora;
- The presence of parasites.
Especially important is duodenal intubation for parasites,it is sometimes the only method for detecting Giardia and opisthorchiasis pathogens in humans.
What are the contraindications?
- acute pancreatitis;
- acute non-calculous cholecystitis;
- varicose veins of the esophagus;
- stomach cancer;
- erosive and ulcerative lesions of the stomach, esophagus, or 12th intestine;
- decompensated pathology of the cardiovascular and broncho-pulmonary systems;
- any chronic disease of the gastrointestinal tract in a state of exacerbation.
Duodenal sounding: preparation
A few days before the study, products such as potatoes, cabbage, beans, fresh pastries, black bread, garlic and onions should be excluded from the diet. They all cause bloating. You should also avoid spicy, fatty and fried foods, smoked products. On the eve of the study, dinner should be easily digestible and no later than 4 hours before bedtime. The sensing itself is performed on an empty stomach, so breakfast, even a cup of tea, is prohibited.