Blood in the feces of a child and an adult
If you paid attention to the appearance of such aa symptom, like blood in the feces of a child, is a signal that the body has failed to properly and properly operate the internal organs. Even if the incident did not cause any special discomfort, it is still necessary to consult a doctor. The earlier the cause of the appearance of blood in the stool is established, the faster and easier it will be possible to eliminate it without further serious consequences.
The causes of the appearance of blood in the feces.
Blood in the feces of a child can be caused by a variety of factors, like blood in an adult's feces - causes:
- the appearance of a tumor, both malignant and benign, in the gastrointestinal tract;
- nonspecific ulcerative colitis;
- Crohn's disease;
- diverticula of the intestine;
- infection caused by different bacteria and viruses.
If the blood was scarlet in the stool, thiswill indicate that bleeding from hemorrhoids of the rectum has begun. It also happens that the formation of cracks in the anus is, in fact, the cause of the appearance of blood.
If the stool has become liquid and black, there is bloodin the feces of a child, this is a sign that bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract occurs. It can be a manifestation of an ulcer, erosion of the stomach, varicose veins of the esophagus or problems associated with the duodenum. The veins of blood in the stool indicate that it is Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis. Cirrhosis also contributes to the appearance of blood in the feces. Some medicines may well cause bleeding. When a malignant tumor also appears, blood in the feces of the child.
Abundant bleeding from the rectum may be a sign that the patient has started ischemic colitis or diverticulosis of the rectum.
During infectious diseases caused by different bacteria and viruses, blood also appears. Causes her appearance:
- дизентерия. Bacteria affect the colon and mucous membrane, then a loose stool appears, and with it mucus and blood in the feces of the baby. Against this background, the temperature rises, there is a pain in the muscles and joints, chills;
- amebiasis. Amoeba affects the large intestine, there is a loose stool, it contains blood, pus and mucus;
- balantidiasis. Symptoms will be similar to that of dysentery and amoebiasis. In rare cases, the disease can occur and is asymptomatic. Although still it is characterized by manifestations in the form of diarrhea with blood.
The fact that a child or an adult has a stool and the color of blood in it, can often tell a lot about the developing disease in the body. However, only a specialist is able to diagnose correctly.
How and what tests should be taken if blood appeared in the stool.
First of all, a couple of days before the test is done, it is necessary to stop using drugs. For 2-3 days you should not eat meat and fish dishes.
You should never delay a visit to a doctor ifwere observed in the stool mucus, blood, pus, the appearance of diarrhea, vomiting. All this indicates that the body is "damaged" and urgently needs medical care.
The initial examination will be digital, after - examination with the help of rectoscopy, it is possible that endoscopy and radiology of the large intestine will be done.
After passing the necessary tests, consultationdoctor-gastroenterologist and revealing pathology, appropriate treatment is prescribed. These drugs, which contribute to the complete disappearance of blood from the stool, the healing of cracks in the anus. If it is necessary to eliminate the tumor, an operation will be performed. It is performed either under full anesthesia or under local anesthesia. In any case - do not be afraid of it, sometimes it can be the only true method of treatment.